Journal of Oriental Studies
JOURNAL OF ORIENTAL STUDIES
“Oriental Studies” is a multidisciplinary journal with an international editorial board for the study of cultures, languages, societies of the Middle East and their presence in the Balkans and in Albanian society. The main topics include:
- The presence of oriental cultural elements in Albanian culture
- The interaction of Albanian culture with the world of the Orient
- Cross-linguistic and literary influences
- Architectural heritage
- Islamic tradition, art, culture and civilisation
- Transliterations and transcriptions of original manuscripts and theoretical interpretation
All papers undergo a rigorous peer review process to ensure the highest standards of academic quality.
Instructions for the author
All manuscripts written for SO must be submitted electronically to the editorial address:
e-mail: [email protected]
Interested authors must send along with the paper:
• Name and surname of the author
• The name of the institution (if it exists)
• E-mail address
• Title, abstract and keywords (minimum 4 keywords) in both Albanian and English.
• Short biography (no more than 200 words)
The journal publishes articles in Albanian and English. It publishes research articles, review articles, and book reviews on topics related to the humanities and social sciences.
The Faculty of Philology publishes the received contributions in electronic form (online) and in printed form.
The editors of the SO journal will inform the author if the text is accepted within two months of the paper's arrival, but reserve the right to evaluate the papers and not to publish them if they find that they do not meet the formal and scientific criteria.
Submission of manuscripts, processing and publication of papers is free of charge, and all manuscript copyrights are transferred to the journal.
The publisher (University of Pristina - Faculty of Philology) has the right to reproduce and distribute the paper in printed and electronic form.
Instructions for the technical preparation of the text
1.In the structure of the paper, use the IMRaD format (Introduction - Method - Results - and - Discussion).
2. The text must have an abstract. Write the abstract in Times New Roman font with 10pt size letters. The abstract is written before the main text, it must have 250-300 words, be written in Albanian and English. The purpose of the research, the method used and the obtained results should be stated in the abstract. Abstracts that include citations are not accepted.
3. It should have at least four and maximum eight keywords.
4. In the main text, use in-text citations according to the guidelines given in the APA Style Manual 6th edition. At the end of the paper, cite references alphabetically by author's last name using the APA Manual of Style 6th edition system.
Citations that exceed the length of five lines should be written in a new paragraph. Such paragraphs should be written in 10pt size letters, and an indentation of 1 cm should be left on both sides.)
5. Guidelines for text formatting:
Paper size: A4
Margins: top, bottom, left, right: 2.5 cm
Top margin (ball): 2.5 cm; bottom margin: 2.0 cm
Abstract: With indentation (indentation) 1.2 cm (left and right).
Line spacing: Text: multiple (1.5 lines)
Between paragraphs: 6 pt
Before the main titles: Double (double)
Font type: Times New Roman (TNR)
Font size: 12pt, abstract 10pt
6. Texts sent must be written in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, font size 12pt and one and a half line spacing.
7. The title must be written in small and black letters (bold) and must not exceed 12 words. All headings after the Introduction, in the text (except for the Abstract, Introduction and Conclusion) must be numbered (1., 1.2., 1.2.3.,... etc.).
4. Studies should be based on the Albanian Spelling Guides and use as many Albanian words as possible instead of foreign terms.
5. As provided in the APA 6th edition manual, the name(s) of the author(s) must be attached on a separate page from the paper, not in the paper, or must be included in the appropriate section template during the process of submission to the editorial team for correction. The title of the text and the author's contact information (correspondence address, e-mail, telephone) should be included in this annex and the attached page, in addition to the author's name(s). https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/paper-format/title-page ).
(Mbiemri dhe emri i autorit, viti i botimit, titulli i librit, vendi i botimit dhe botuesi)
Alexie, S. (1992). The business of fancy dancing: Stories and poems. Brooklyn, NY: Hang Loose Press.
Shared authorship and published by one publisherAssociation. (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
An anonym author
Dorland’s illustrated medical dictionary (31st ed.). (2007). Philadelphia PA: Saunders.
Booth-La Force, C., & Kerns, K. A. (2009). Child-parent attachment relationships, peer relationships, and peer-group functioning. InK. H. Rubin, W. M. Bukowski, & B. Laursen (Eds.), Handbook of peer interactions, relationships, and groups (pp. 490-507). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
Dokument in ERIC
Shyyan, V., Thurlow, M., & Liu, K. (2005). Student perceptions of instructional strategies: Voices of English language learners with disabilities. Minneapolis, MN: National Center on Educational Outcomes, University of Minnesota. Retrieved from the ERIC data base.(ED495903)
Reference to Scientific Journals and Newspapers in print version
Williams, J. H. (2008). Employee engagement: Improving participation insafety. Professional Safety, 53(12), 40-45.
From two to seven authors [list all authors] / group of authors
Keller, T. E., Cusick, G. R., & Courtney, M. E. (2007). Approaching the transition to adulthood: Distinctive profiles of adolescents aging out of the child welfare system. Social Services Review, 81, 453-484.
Eight or more authors [list first six authors, … and last author]/ group of authors
Wolchik, S. A., West, S. G., Sandler, I. N., Tein, J.-Y., Coatsworth, D.,Lengua, L.,...Griffin, W. A. (2000). An experimental evaluation of theory-based mother and mother-child programs for children of divorce. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 68, 843-856.
Journalism article with no authors and irregular order
Generic Prozac debuts. (2001, August 3). The Washington Post, pp. E1, E4.
Articles taken from online sources
Senior, B., & Swailes, S. (2007). Inside management teams: Developing a teamwork survey instrument. British Journal of Management, 18, 138- 153. doi:10.1111/j.1467- 551.2006.00507.x
Article from an online magazine
Lodewijkx, H. F. M. (2001, May 23). Individual-group continuity in cooperation and competition under varying communication conditions.Current Issues in Social Psychology, 6(12), 166-182. Nxjerrë nga http://www.uiowa.edu/~grpproc/crisp/crisp.6.12.htm dhe data se kur është marrë (26.07.2015)
On-line reports from non-governmental organizations
Kenney, G. M., Cook, A., & Pelletier, J. (2009). Prospects for reducing uninsured rates among children: How much can premium assistance programs help? Retrieved from Urban Institute website: http://www.urban.org/url.cfm?ID=411823
Online reports with no identified authors or even no date
GVU's 10th WWW user survey. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.cc.gatech.edu/user_surveys/survey-1998-10/4
Web Site/ Web page with citation in brackets
To cite an entire Web page (rather than a separate document within it), simply put the Web URL in the text.
Other publication conditions and criteria
1. To avoid unwanted situations such as duplication and plagiarism, you must submit a plagiarism report. Similarity should be less than 20%. Papers that are not accompanied by a plagiarism report will be scanned within the system https://plagiarismcheck.org/ which the Faculty of Philology has at its disposal.
2. The evaluation process of a scientific paper begins at the moment of submission of the papers
• The editors of the publication receive the paper, complete it and also perform an initial review of the paper. If at this stage, a discrepancy with the requirements is discovered, the paper is returned to the author.
• If the paper successfully passes the initial screening, it will be sent to the reviewer for evaluation.
• Evaluation is performed by 1 or more reviewers. The positive evaluation of the reviewers enables the further continuation of the publication process. If errors of a grammatical or semantic nature are identified in the paper, but the paper itself is of high quality, it is sent to the author for revision.
• After evaluation, the paper is subjected to secondary review by the editors of the journal. If, after evaluation, the paper still does not meet the publication requirements, the paper will not be published.
• If the paper has successfully passed all the above stages, it is accepted for publication, and the editors of the publication include it in a certain issue of the journal.
• The submitted paper will go through two stages of single blind evaluation. The second evaluation will be final in the matter of accepting the paper for publication.
- Ceremonia e dhurimit të pajisjeve për Qendrën e Gjuhëve në Fakultetin e Filologjisë
- Shkolla verore "Kosovo matters – Kultur und Gesellschaft des jüngsten Landes Europas" e përmbylli me sukses javën e parë
- Shkolla verore "Kosovo matters – Kultur und Gesellschaft des jüngsten Landes Europas", organizuar nga Departamenti i Gjermanistikës dhe DAAD, vazhdon aktivitetet e saj të larmishme
- U përmbyll me sukses java e parë e Seminarit të Albanologjisë në Filologjik të UPsë